We deliver the ‘Equality, Diversity and Human Rights’ training directly in your workplace anywhere throughout the North Wales region. We will deliver this course at a time to suit your organisations’ needs. Our training is matched to your specific requirements. We use a combination of ‘real life’ scenarios, interactive exercises and open discussion to engage delegates in the learning process. Equality, Diversity and Human Rights in Social Care comprises of 4 hours training which focus on how we can all promote equality, diversity and human rights in our many social care and health care roles.
We can deliver this course directly in your work environment to any care home sector organisation anywhere across North Wales for a group booking for up to 6-12 delegates. Call Dan or Mark on 01978 884 775 to discuss your training requirements and costings for this course.
Who is the Equality, Diversity and Human Rights training course suitable for?
This ‘Equality, Diversity and Human Rights’ training course is suitable for both managers and employees at all levels of an organisation. It is also ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge of the issues and anti-discrimination laws that relate to equality and diversity. It is ideal to support continuous professional development for people who are already in work. The course is focused towards the Care Home environment looking at issues experienced by both the carer and patient. The underlying principles of the programme are applicable to all walks of life, exploring diversity issues that are relevant in most workplaces, making the course suitable for a wide range of people.
Duration: Half Day – 4 Hours. We are flexible with start times to meet the needs of your business.
What the delegates will learn:
– Principles of Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
– How to promote an inclusive approach to equality and diversity and human rights
– The benefits to society, organisations and individuals
– Relevant legislation, Organisation policies and processes
– How to treat everyone with dignity, courtesy and respect and value people as individuals
– How to challenge behaviours that undermine equality, diversity and human rights
Equality, Diversity and Human Rights training – course aims:
This course introduces the participants to the meaning of equality today and why it is important. The delegates will also learn how to promote equality within their work role and how different beliefs and value systems contribute towards diversity. Equality & Diversity is a sensitive area and this course explores attitudes, values and belief in a safe and fair environment going beyond the legislation.
Equality, Diversity and Human Rights training course content:
– What is Diversity?
– The Value of Diversity in the workplace
– Common grounds of discrimination
– Discrimination and its Prevention
– Human Rights
– Individuality, Rights, Choice
– Understand your responsibilities and rights as a member of staff
– Promoting Equality and Diversity within your working environment
– The Principles of Care
– The nature of terms of abuse
– Examples of typical terms of abuse
– Present Legislation – key equality legislation, including the Equality Act 2010
– Dignity and Respect
– Responding to Inappropriate Behaviour
– Case studies and landmark cases
– Course Summary
Equality, Diversity and Human Rights training – Assessment and Certification:
Continual assessment throughout the course by the tutor will be ongoing and a multiple choice assessment paper will be completed by the delegates. A certificate of attendance will be issued to all delegates on successful completion of the course.
We can deliver this course in your care home environment anywhere in North Wales including:
For guidance and more information please visit the Equality Human Rights Commission website which covers a number of topics relating to Equality, Diversity and Human Rights.
For more information on our Social Care training courses in North Wales or if you want to discuss a course specific to your business needs please email us. Or alternatively, call us on 01978 884 775 and speak with one of our training Consultants.
Wales First Aid are an approved registered training centre with Qualsafe Awards, an Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual to offer regulated qualifications.